Tax Preparation Services
Our team of professionals prepare taxes for individuals, businesses and nonprofits.
Our staff includes two Certified Public Accountants and an Enrolled Agent. Our staff are members of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Ohio Society of CPAs.
- Convenient & professional
- Federal, state, and local tax preparation
- Returns filed electronically for fast and secure submissions
- View completed returns in online banking - ‘All Services’ tab then ‘Document Cabinet’
- CU Reward points can be redeemed for tax services
- Small business accounting services available
Returning tax clients
Stop in our Shafer Street office to update your personal and dependent information. You’ll also need to complete the required due diligence questions. These forms are generally mailed to your address on record around the first week in January. If you did not receive a tax organizer in the mail, or you are a new client, please print and complete a tax organizer form.
Get Tax Organizer Form
New tax clients
Please contact our office to schedule a face to face meeting or telephone interview with one of our tax preparers. You'll need to allow about 15 minutes to complete the necessary forms and provide verification of identity. Also be prepared to provide documentation of eligibility to claim any dependents. Here is a tax organizer form you’ll need to print and complete.
There is a fee for our tax service and payment for this service is expected prior to any tax returns being filed.
Appointments are not required as we do not prepare tax returns during appointments. We offer a document drop off service and will call, email, or text at the time the return is prepared (whichever form of communication you choose). We do offer appointments for consultation or tax planning. Tax planning appointments are limited during the busy tax season and can be requested anytime throughout the year.
Tax Preparation Update - COVID-19
Here are answers to questions you may have regarding tax services.
You have two options:
We can send them to you electronically through a service called Docusign.
We can mail them to you with a return envelope.
The tax filing and tax payment deadlines have both been extended to July 15, 2020. If you need further time to file, you can file a 4868 request for extension to extend your deadline to file to Oct 15, 2020.
For existing clients, OUCU Financial Services will file your extension at no cost. Use the form below or contact us to get started.
Tax Extension Request Form
If you have further questions, please send us an email at email@example.com or call at (740) 597-2820.
At OUCU, there are several types of loans available, including:
- Home Loans: From country homes to suburban neighborhood lots, OUCU offers mortgage loans for many home styles and price points.
- Refinancing Loans: Want to save more and worry less about your monthly payments? Refinancing your mortgage through OUCU not only provides competitive low rates, but all the great perks that come with being one of our banking family members.
- Construction & Land Loans: Not everyone wants to live in someone else’s vision. Construction & land loans are the perfect fit for aspiring custom builders or landowners looking to pave their own way.
The qualifications and maximum borrowing amount for the above loans will vary according to the type of loan and the status of each applicant. For more information related to home loans, refinancing, or construction & land loans, please contact an OUCU mortgage originator.
There are three options:
Our lobby is currently open and tax documents may be dropped off in person Monday-Friday from 9 AM-5 PM. Tax returns may also be picked up and signed during these hours.
There is a secure drop box between our doors at the Financial Services entrance on Shafer St. This will be emptied multiple times a day and will only be available during business hours, 8 AM to 5 PM.
Send using our Zix Secure Email service. Email securely to firstname.lastname@example.org
Access Zix Secure Email
Want to Know the Status of Your Tax Refund?