How to Join
The sooner you join, the sooner you'll be able to enjoy all the benefits of OUCU membership.
What is the Credit Union Difference?
In a Word - You!
Members own their credit unions. While most financial institutions send profits to shareholders, credit unions return profits to members in the form of better rates, lower service charges, and convenient services. Members also have a direct impact on how the credit union operates by voting for the board of directors.
As a not-for-profit financial cooperative, our goal is to serve members with fair pricing, competitive products, genuine friendliness, and respect.
Members are our neighbors, our friends, and our family. Although our products and services change with the availability of new technology and your changing needs, our commitment to serving you - our members - remains the number one priority.
Didn't know you could become an OUCU member? You can join. Really!
OUCU Core Purpose
To promote our members' financial well-being and quality of life.
Read more about our Values and Mission Statement
Membership Groups Include:
- Ohio University employees (retired and active) and students
- Ohio University Alumni
- Hocking College employees (retired and active) and students
- Hocking College Alumni
- Family Members
Family members of current members can join. (examples include parents, siblings, aunts & uncles, cousins, grandparents, in-laws, etc.)
- Members of one of these qualifying associations
It's easy to join one of these groups!
- Employees of the following Select Employer Groups:
Select Employer Groups:
- ACVN, Hospice and Healthcare
- Alexander Local School District
- Athenian Fund Management (formerly KOE)
- Athena Grand Cinema
- Athens Book Center
- Athens City employees
- Athens Country Club
- Athens County employees
- Athens Masonic Bodies
- Athens Public Library
- Athens Meigs Educational Service Center
- Athens Messenger
- Athens News
- Athens Veterinary Clinic
- Appalachian Behavioral Healthcare
- Belmont Technical College
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Athens County
- Casa Nueva
- Century 21 - Athens office
- Corporation for Ohio Appalachian Development (COAD)
- Da Vita Dialysis
- Diagnostic Hybrids, Inc.
- Don Wood Automotive
- Echoing Meadows
- Economy Supply
- ED MAP
- Electronic Visions, Inc.
- Friendly Paws Pet Supplies & Grooming
- Friends of the Library Ohio University
- Frontier Communications - Southern Ohio Region
- G & E Contractors
- Health Recovery Services
- Hocking College
- Holzer Clinic
- Hopewell Health
- Lanning Mechanical
- LMP Manufacturing
- National Business Incubation Association
- National Network of Forest Practitioners
- Nice & Neat, II
- Ohio University employees, students, alumni
- Ohio University Inn
- Ohio University Innovation Center
- O'Betty's Red Hot
- O'Bleness Memorial Hospital
- Panich, Noel, Dawson and Associates
- G & J Pepsi-Cola Bottling Co. of Athens (Athens area only)
- Residential Home for the Developmentally Disabled (RHDD)
- Seaman's Cardinal Grocery Store
- SEPTA Center
- Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail
- Southern Local Schools (Perry County)
- Specialty Books
- Stewart MacDonald Mfg.
- Stirling Technology
- Sunpower, Inc.
- TAM Construction
- Taylor Honda
- Third Sun Solar & Wind
- Tri-County Mental Health & Counseling Center
- Twin Oaks Refrigeration
- University Estates
- University Medical Associates
- Village Bakery
- Zane State College employees, students
Ready to Join Our Family?
Apply online with our new membership application.
Best of all, membership lasts a lifetime. Whether you find yourself changing jobs or changing addresses, you can always keep your OUCU membership. Once a member, always a member.
A Special Note to Employers in Southern Ohio
Want to add your company to our list? The opportunity to join a credit union is a great and hassle-free benefit to offer your employees because it gives them the opportunity to save time, save money, and gain important financial information.
There is no charge and gives your employees just another local financial choice.
Contact Member Development Specialist Eva Bloom at (740) 597-2832 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Are any of your employees experiencing financial stress? We offer free counseling through our new Balance http://www.balancepro.net/partners/ohiouniversitycu/ program.
If you have questions regarding membership, call us at (800) 562-8420 or (740) 597-2800, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST (Eastern Standard Time). Membership requires a $10 balance in a Regular Share Savings Account. This is considered "one share" in the credit union.