We want to make a positive difference in the lives of our members and community!
Our employees' actions are guided by four values:
- WE ARE ACCOUNTABLE
- We do what we say we are going to do.
- WE WELCOME EVERYONE
- We create a heartfelt sense of belonging for everyone in our community by demonstrating honesty, integrity, and kindness.
- WE ARE BOLD AND WE GO BEYOND
- We think big, always consider the needs of the member, and consistently exceed expectations.
- WE MAKE THE DIFFERENCE
- We recognize, appreciate, and empower our most valued assets – YOU!
Employee Volunteer Program
Our staff members put these values into action by volunteering in our community throughout the year.
Assisted building exhibits
Athens Food Pantry
Packed boxes of food for families in need
OhioHealth Home Care
Prepared casseroles for homebound patients
Habitat for Humanity
Participated in two Blitz Builds in 2017
Athens County Public Libraries
Helped sort and reshelve books
CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates)
Assembled "swag bags" for the CASA Reindeer Run 5K participants
Athens County Children Services
Staff donations, along with a match from OUCU, allowed us to purchase Christmas gifts for 30 local kids!
Salvation Army Kettle Drive
Tellers also counted kettle donations
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Athens
Employees held fundraising events in the months leading up to the event to sponsor bowling teams for Bowl for Kids Sake. OUCU and its employees raised several thousand dollars!
Prepared and served dinner for Good Works' "Friday Night Life" community meal
Childrens Services PB&J Collection
Collected donations of peanut butter & jelly from members and employees, plus gave a $1,000 donation to this summer program for area families.