Start Smart Teen Accounts
The wise way to build healthy financial habits – because adulting is just around the corner.
Free Checking Account
- Ages 13 -17 with parent as joint owner
- No monthly service fee or minimum balance
- Debit/ATM Card
Online + Mobile Banking
- Alerts by text or email for teens and parents
- Snap a picture to deposit checks
- Lock debit card if lost or stolen
Good Grade Rewards
- Get a $5 deposit if you get Bs or higher on your report card.
- Just bring your report card to the teller line!
Start Smart Loans
Learn the wise way to borrow money.
Scholaships to Start Smart at Ohio University
If you’re planning to attend Ohio University, check out the Harry B. Crewson Scholarship.
We give three $3,000 Harry B. Crewson scholarships to high school seniors who will become OHIO bobcats.
Open to members or the children of members. Application deadline is March 1. Contact Jodi MacNeal at (740) 597-2803 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or download a scholarship packet.
Current youth members: use this form to request your Start Smart free checking account.