Mortgage Loan FAQ
Unlocking the door of your next home is one of the most exhilarating feelings you’ll ever experience. Knowing the steps required to secure home mortgage financing, as well as what it takes to qualify for the best possible rates, are important aspects of the real estate buying process.
At OUCU Financial, we are dedicated to helping you transition from bidder to buyer
one small step at a time.
Common Mortgage Loan FAQs
To help make our members’ financial dreams a reality, OUCU has compiled the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the home mortgage loan process.
Mortgage Loan FAQ
At OUCU, there are several types of loans available, including:
- Home Loans: From country homes to suburban neighborhood lots, OUCU offers mortgage loans for many home styles and price points.
- Refinancing Loans: Want to save more and worry less about your monthly payments? Refinancing your mortgage through OUCU not only provides competitive low rates, but all the great perks that come with being one of our banking family members.
- Construction & Land Loans: Not everyone wants to live in someone else’s vision. Construction & land loans are the perfect fit for aspiring custom builders or landowners looking to pave their own way.
The qualifications and maximum borrowing amount for the above loans will vary according to the type of loan and the status of each applicant. For more information related to home loans, refinancing, or construction & land loans, please contact an OUCU mortgage originator.
Check out MortgageClick, our online mortgage center, for the latest rates. Along with rates, you’ll find an online loan consultant to help you compare options and discover which loan may be best for you.
Several factors go into your loan pre-approval including credit, income, employment, and down payment. Here are a few guidelines to keep in mind:
- Credit. Having a developed credit profile with multiple credit accounts with at least two years of credit history helps lenders evaluate your risk as a borrower. Your credit score will also influence the rate and amount of the mortgage loan offered.
- Income and employment. Lenders need to know that you can afford to pay back the loan, so proof of income is required. A longer work history can also indicate that your employment is stable and less likely to decline.
- Down payment. For borrowers purchasing real estate, having a down payment can show the lender that you’re invested in the property and in paying back what you borrow.
OUCU provides personalized mortgage solutions. Your mortgage originator will work with you during the pre-approval process to review your full financial situation and discuss your options.
et assistance from OUCU’s mortgage team by reaching out by phone at (740) 597-2801 or email email@example.com. Our trained professionals are happy to help.
When you bank with us, you aren’t just a customer - you’re family. We offer:
- Affordable closing costs
- Fast pre-approval
- Convenient online application process
- Competitive down payment programs
- Both fixed and adjustable-rate mortgage options
- Tailored programs specifically for first time homebuyers
Check out our Bank Here Live More page for additional benefits.
Your monthly mortgage payment will depend on several details, namely:
- Interest rate
- Amount you borrow
- Length of your loan
- Credit score
- Fixed or adjustable-rate options
Try OUCU’s mortgage calculator to estimate a payment for your mortgage.
Make Smarter Mortgage Decisions with OUCU Financial
>No one ever said that buying a home was easy, but no one said you would need to do it alone, either.
With affordable interest rates, flexible programs, and helpful member service, OUCU is the best destination for your next home mortgage.
Go to main navigation