Credit Union Benefits
Joining a credit union opens the door to many exclusive benefits. Advantages of choosing a credit union over a traditional bank include:
- You're an owner
- You benefit from profits
- Not-for-profit organization provides exceptional customer service
- Community focused, local decisions
- Federally insured by NCUA
OUCU Member Benefits
Members come first at OUCU. When you join our not-for-profit cooperative, you'll enjoy great rates, low fees, and excellent service.
You’ll also unlock access to the following benefits of OUCU membership:
- Competitive Rates—Get more from your money with our competitive rates on savings, loans, and mortgages.
- Personalized Service—Enjoy one-on-one service from our team of bankers and financial experts. We take the time to understand your unique needs and goals so we can provide tailored solutions.
- CU Save—Enjoy exclusive discounts from local businesses for entertainment, travel, dining, and more! Keep up with the latest monthly specials via our CU Save mobile app for Apple or Android.
- Bobcat Rewards—Enter to win one of several exclusive giveaways through our OHIO Athletics partnership.
- Scholarships—The Harry B. Crewson Scholarship awards three $3,000 annual scholarships to high school seniors planning to attend Ohio University and the Higher Education Scholarship awards three $2,000 scholarships for high school graduates attending any university, community college, or trade school.
- Tax Preparation—We offer federal, state, and local tax preparation services. You can also redeem CU Reward points for tax services.
- Financial Wellness—Take advantage of our free financial education courses. The Banzai Financial Wellness Center offers interactive coaching modules, articles, and calculators on various topics.
- Local Banking—We have three convenient branch locations to serve you.
Say goodbye to big bank headaches. Join OUCU today and unlock great rates, low fees, and dedicated service.
Youth Program Benefits
Join our Bobcat Savings Club to help your child or teen develop sharp money skills. This program offers premium youth savings rates, fun family events, and prizes for meeting savings goals. Give your child a head start with essential money know-how.
Bobcat Savings Club (Ages 1-12)
- No fee savings account
- Seasonal fun family events
- Treasure chest prizes with each deposit
- A Cool Cat register to keep track of your money
- Make ten deposits totaling $50+ and receive a stuffed Cool Cat!
- We’ll give you a $5 deposit if you get Bs or higher on your report card
Start Smart Teen (Ages 13-17)
- Free checking account
- No monthly fees or minimum balance
- ATM/Debit card
- Mobile and online banking access
- Get a $5 deposit for Bs or higher on your report card
College Student Checking
- No monthly fee
- No minimum balance
- Contactless debit card
- No fees from OUCU at any ATM*
*Non-OUCU ATMs may charge a fee
Select Employer Groups
We form partnerships with select employers to provide specialized benefits to their employees. Check if your company is eligible to unlock exclusive OUCU perks.
- Enhanced rates on loans and deposit accounts
- Access to financial planning and investment options
- Customized financial wellness programs
- Exclusive member-only events and promotions
- Surcharge-free ATM networks
- Dedicated on-site member services
- Three local branches to serve you
Senior Associates Club Benefits
Members 55+ can join our Senior Associates Club for special perks and savings. Connect with peers and unlock benefits designed with retirees in mind:
- No fee dividend checking account
- Group travel opportunities
- Financial and lifestyle seminars
- Senior-focused newsletters
- Free custom logo checks
- 10% discount on tax prep services